Friday, January 11, 2013

CivCity:Rome

Some games stay fun even as they age.  I recently picked up CivCity:Rome on Steam.  I have the CD but it was nice to have a copy on steam where I can play on any of my machines whenever I wanted ot.

CivCity:Rome is a world builder game.  You build a city, you have some tasks to do, and its funny.  I first heard of it on X-Play when they gave it Four stars and poked fun at the "We need more slaves" dialog that happens when your city is large enough.

CivCity:Rome is not a spectacular stand out game in anyway.  Its very simple.  The graphics are cute more then stunning.  Watching mountain lions (who look like African lions) chase down your people and kill them as they haul their wood is amusing.  Putting up watch towers instead of fire towers and watching your city burn while you scream at the watchmen to put out the fires is... well that may just be my mistake.

It is not a deep game but its a lovely way to relax and play.  I find myself yelling at it a lot.  More so then most games.  "The baker is right there get yourself bread!"

I needed a break from the MMOs and the thinking and drama that comes along with them.  Building some cities, listening to them complain about the warehouses and stagger drunkenly though the streets as I race against my drunken citizens to get my wine sold for trade is amusing and a great way to mentally chill out a bit.

We've recently purchased a ton of games from steam.  I am going to go and work my way through the Prince of Persia series (sands of time, warrior within, two thrones).  That is an amazing story when strung together and one I look forward to writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment