Saturday, January 12, 2013

RAWR!

The Secret World started with a patch.  I'd remembered Nosy said something about getting a pet. I went to the store and saw that I could claim a Blood Raven.  I was not sure if that was the pet but I claimed it anyway.  It occupied me a bit while the patch downloaded.  A lot of people complain that games are constantly tweaking themselves.  I don't mind.  The complexity levels and the way that players make sure to find new ways to break the games are such that they need to work on improving themselves.  Otherwise, you have the stories I keep hearing from the players of Day-Z that people have hacked the servers and come to screw over others games for the lulz.

Or something.  I should read their user agreement.  A few years ago one game company took control of your immortal soul when you signed the agreement.  You never know what you are getting into.

When I last left the secret world I was trying to work my way through a multi layered side quest.  I've been on it for quite a while as that it involves killing the demon things that run around in the water.  I've spent a lot of time positioning myself and trying to lure the various  creatures away from the rest of the swarm sot hat I can kill them one by one.  Each one is a battle.  Each time I kill as many as the tier tells me to kill it tells me to kill X amount of another type.  I worked on this for a few hours (I'm very slow at killing things) and finally logged off after I died.

The kill x amount of items mission proved to be very boring.  I logged back in to finish it.  I was a bit nervous because when I last played I was dead in the water.  When I respawned this time I was in, a thankfully clear patch of water. I was able to lure the witches over and beat them down.  I then had to kill another set of things.  I died that time.  Yet another run back to my body I finished and then it told me to go kill the boss.

This part I was worried about.  I ran into the area where they said the boss was lurking and as I got there I saw someone die to him.  This did not make me feel very confident.  I found a little island in the water and stood on it. I don't know why.  The water is only waist deep at the deepest that I have yet found and I don't know if you can swim or not yet.  I had immediately ran into the water to find out when I started playing but so far no deep spots.

I decided that this was the perfect opertunity to summon the Raven that I got (I think its my pet) and see what happens.

Okay.  Well.  Uh.  It follows me and it doesn't drown.

So, off I took a few deep breaths and decided that now was the time to fight the big boss thing.  The side missions and wandering have been good for me.  I'm mildly less squishy depending.  I have no fighting skills. I button mash like a pro but it is getting the job done.  The big boss thing wanders around and I followed it a bit and waited for it to wander into a bit of a clear spot and attacked!


Eeep!  Smashing buttons all over the place! I am on fire for some skill build up like was suggested by one of my fantastic commentors.  Now I just frantically hit everything I have there and hoped for the best.  This is why people have multi button mouses.  I don't need that in Eve!


Rawr!!

P.S.   I will be migrating this blog to my word press account as part of my project to move into my own domain.  This should be the last post here.  The posts are synced up with wordpress so if anyone has this bookmarked, move said bookmarks and subscriptions.




No comments:

Post a Comment