Sunday, December 16, 2012

I'm on Fire - The Secret World


For some reason my character caught on fire and has stayed that way.  I'm guessing I did something to make it happen.  It doesn't appear to hurt her any.

So I've managed to do a quest or two and get killed by zombies.  The quests or missions or whatever they are have been a bit vague.  One of them tells me to, "Follow the Ravens" and I have to run around until I find them and then kinda head in the direction they flew off in.  Meanwhile I'm trying to kill the zombies chasing me and not lose my path through the woods at the same time.  Then I fight some random dude that was kicking my ass until other players showed up and shot at him.  Well worth it to me.  There was a riddle I had to kind of figure out.

I then learned that some NPCs have cool down timers for their missions.  In the midst of that I learned something about assembly.  That took a lot of Google searches and clicking on menus to figure out what the various screens were.  I then made a glymph, attached it to my 'focus' or weapon or whatever it was and then made a phone call for experience points. Once I figured that out (thank you Google)  I ran off to try to find someone else along the main mission path.  That's when I found out that sprinting through town with a massive crowd of zombies chasing you is not the right thing to do.

This is me dying to zombies.

I go back to my body cuz it seems you have to (I don't know what I lose when I die) and do a better job of Zombie management   Only this time someone else brings a wave of zombies in from behind me and I die again.

Third times a charm.  Zombies are all cleared out.  I crawl back into my corpse, things go from black and white to full color and I go find the chick that I saw on the map to talk to her and experience some cut scenes.  You don't even have to click on them.  As soon as you come up, cut scene starts.

This is how I look, every cut scene.

I'm not on fire anymore as well, which is nice.  Maybe it was bad?  At some point I gained more of the points for the skill system.  Not knowing what I am doing I randomly allot them to what interests me the most.  This is my classic build in a game.  "I like this, select."

So far this feels like a single player game with other people running around.  I guess Eve is like that at the start as well.  I wonder if I have money. People were trading things for 50million.  I assume they don't mean ISK as in Eve.  I'm used to the incredably high prices from Eve Online so I'm not sure if 50mil is a lot here or not.

So off I went on my next adventure where I promptly fell off the bridge that led to my goal and had to run through mutant and zombie infested waters to escape.

Back at my goal I attacked the Pirate Captain when he popped up.  Two other people ran over and proceeded to beat on him as well.  He died and the next part of the mission sent me back to the main sheriff's office.  I was also on fire again for a while. It seems to be a skill I cast sometimes(Maybe?).

Anyway, the grocery store interrupted me for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment