Thursday, December 20, 2012

Zombies and Dying and Puzzles - The Secret World

There was a patch today for the Secret World.  It took quite a while to download which is a them problem not a me problem.   Then once it downloaded the launcher errored   A relaunch fixed it and I was able to spend a little bit of time playing.

Eve, as always, just sucks up my time so I planned to start playing earlier in the day but I had so many things to do that I didn't get around to it till later.  Once I started, since I have gotten a hang of the quest log menus, I bounced right into the next stage of my mission which was finding some guy.  This had to do with the medical records that you read.  The map is very important at this point because the houses do not always have routes between them.

Looking at the map I also realized that the area I had to explore was much larger then I realized.  It wanders off in several different directions.  This is one zone and there is a lot to do here. I like that.  I hate when a world is not complete.  While it may not be Skyrim and I may not be hoarding all the woven baskets I pass, the world is very richly detailed and tactile.  I'm starting to recognize the streets I run around on.

I learned today that direction matters.  I almost died tot he zombies at one point because I wasn't facing them and I was trying to cast and I wasn't casting and I'm like WHY!

I need to find a healing spell or item or something.  I wound up assisting some people in a random mission that spawned in front of me.  The instances seem to be shared when it comes to doing things like damaging the NPCs.  Its kind of distracting when three people in the row spawn the same big bad ass looking creature if you were looking for the originality of it.

That may be my biggest worry fort his game.  Its very interesting but the replayability seems to be very low.  I am someone that rereads books over and over again so it concerns me when I think that the replayability of the story may be an issue.

I was also smart enough to use my environment against a zombie today!  I shot him across the fence and blapped him as he tried to run around to get me.  The NPC is smart and he didn't just let me blap him to death from the safety of the fence.  Still, it was fun to actually use the fence.  Then it turned out I had killed the wrong NPC and the one I wanted was in the sewer.  And here I had thought I was a bad ass.  Now I had to follow what looked like spots of green vomit.

I guess this is horror genera stuff?  The interesting thing is that when I selected "yes, please let me go into the sewer cuz I'm not smart," it asked me if I wanted to enter a solo instance.  Okay, so I've been right about things being multiple instances.

So far my method of fighting is button jamming while backing away to try to make range. I thought I could maybe creep around the sewer and be sneaky instead of just balls to the walls about everything.  It didn't work as well as I hoped.  I wound up dying, somewhere down in the sewers and it was getting late so I had to head out for the night.  I might be over my head with the main storyline.  I think I'll side track for now and do some of the other stuff for a while.  I work this weekend so side quests should be a good way to work through content without a lot of dedication.


1 comment:

  1. Are you only using one weapon? If you use two some of them have skills that make you harder to kill. Since you're a Dragon and it looks like you are heavily invested in Elemental magic, have you thought about becoming a ninja?

    ReplyDelete