Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Its about Puzzles - The Secret World

The Nosy Gamer explained that The Secret World is about puzzles.

Things make a bit more sense now and I am a lot happier.  I still haven't read the actual description of the game.  I find that they are often too full of the developers and advertisers dreams and not full enough of what the actual game consists of.

But I love puzzles.  A lot.  One of my things I do when I travel is buy a puzzle in the country that I traveled to.  I then put them together and use them as wall art.  Because, puzzles are amazing.

The Raven quest was a puzzle. I didn't get it at first.  Now, the entire thing makes a lot more sense to me.  The mission told me, "Find how to call the bad raven boss dude," and I was sitting there like "eh?"  It had been leading me by the hand and then it dropped my hand and I was sad.  I did figure it out on my own however.

So, what is next?

First, calming down.  As an Eve player one of the biggest adjustments to playing almost everything else is remembering that everyone isn't trying to kill me at any given time.  Except the zombies.

Running from zombies.  I'm getting better at it.

Anyway, I started a quest where I am trying to find pieces of paper.  Its helping me to learn how to orient myself with the location dials.  Basically, they drop you off in a circle that is green on your map and inside that circle, somewhere is the objective.  Only the objective looks like trash and there are zombies eating people everywhere.  That wasn't so bad but then I lost my HUD(or whatever it is called in non-eve games) and I couldn't actually do anything anymore or figure out how to get it back.  So I closed the game and reopened it and prayed that lost HUDs were not persistent.


It's my fault for being a button masher. I really am.  No grace or delicacy. I'm spamming my attacks while backing up and hoping for the best.

I also admit, I used Google to find out what the password to the computer was.  I kinda figured it out from the basics given but I'm terrible   My guesses were random.  Word guessing games like that are *not* my strong point.

I can shoot zombies thou!  Anyway, I picked up all of my pieces of paper and then went to crackle the riddle I couldn't crack.   I accomplished that ask which puts me on 5 of the 18 levels of the mission tier.  This is going to take me a while.

So far the multiplayer aspect has mostly been me shooting other peoples zombies when they are being chased by a hoard and other people shooting mine.  It feels like a busy solo game still.  I don't pay attention to the chats.  I'll probably wind up closing that window.

Oh, I also read the blurb on Amazon (Price is back up to 29.99) about the game.  I figured it was about time.

"Dark days are coming. All the myths, legends and conspiracies of the world are true. Three secret societies - the Illumunati, the Templar and the Dragon - are recruiting thousands of civilians from all over the world, civilians with extraordinary powers embedded in their DNA, to aid them in the war against darkness...and each other. "

That helps not at all. :P

Puzzles.  Okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment