Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Quest for a Sword - The Secret World

My body, thankfully, wasn't trapped inside of the instance.  It was laying on top of the sewer when I ran back for it.  A discussion on Twitter with Nosy Gamer had me going to look for a bladed weapon to use since my magic wasn't cutting it.  I then found out that I needed skill points I didn't have so I ran back off to find some side missions to work on for skill points.

I need something to do!  I decided that because you are sent to the sheriff's office first that will be the best place to go to find some basic missions.  So far, they seem to be ranked normal, easy, hard and such things.  I assume that I will die to everything so I wandered around until I found one ranked normal.  The story is about defending the sheriff's office from the zombie attacks.  It seems that ritual sacrifice was pretty common in this town before the zombies.  What?  Okay.

I'm not sure that I understand the group instances. It seems that these events are shared but each person has a task.  So you can help people kill things but you also need to kill a certain amount in the help.  The game spawns tons so there is plenty for all.  The impression I get is that these are social but singular quests.  I'm not sure but it was helpful when someone ran up to assist me killing this big rainbow monster thing.

Thankfully someone random ran up and shot at it a lot with me.  It died and I finished that little mission string.  Phew.  I felt pretty good and now I had a skill point.  I needed two or three to go and buy a sword so I looked around and found a story chain to find missing people.

The first person was easy, he was hanging out in a church that seemed to be pretty anti-zombie.  The next ones were not hard but they were dead or zombies.  The one that really kicked my ass was the one at the firehouse.  Let me tell you, when firefighters become zombies they become ass kicking zombies with hatchets.  I died half a dozen times over the course of the quest to the firefighters.


After they finished kicking my ass I finally discovered the last guy, died yet again and accepted another story line to find food.  This time I wound back up with the firefighters and died another two times before I collected everything from their fire station.  I am very good at running around dead now back to my poor body.  I did stumble across a woman's body with a message on a cellphone.  I was trying to figure out where I needed to find a keypad but got distracted with dinner and such things and work tomorrow.

I'll play some more this weekend.  Hopefully with a sword to supplement my inadequate magical abilities.

1 comment:

  1. Look in the item shop and see if you can claim The Time Accelerator. If you do that will help you get XP faster.

    Oh, and I wish I could say I wasn't dying a lot. I'm just glad we don't lose anything when we die :)

    ReplyDelete